JOIN THE TEAM AT ASTEER
Asteer Planning is looking for a Graduate / Assistant Planner who has ambitions to be part of an exciting, innovative and growing independent planning consultancy based in Manchester City Centre. We are looking for a hardworking and motivated individual who is keen to learn, is able to work to deadlines efficiently and has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Suitable candidates would be Assistant Planners and Planning Graduates (on a full-time basis) or Final Year University Planning Students due to graduate in 2022. We are ideally looking for a candidate who would be available to work on a full time basis either immediately or from September 2022, however would also consider offering flexible / part time work between now and September, should this be appropriate.
- Previous planning work experience beneficial but not essential.
- Candidates must have or be working towards a fully RTPI accredited degree which allows graduates to proceed straight to Licentiate Membership and be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
- Competitive salary and employee benefits.
- Manchester City Centre office close to Manchester Victoria Station and Shudehill and Exchange Square Tram Stops but with flexible working options available.
- APC Support and Mentoring.
- High profile projects across all sectors.
- Opportunities for networking and social events.
About Asteer Planning:
Asteer Planning was founded in April 2021 by Jon Suckley and has since grown to a team of 7 skilled planning professionals. Alice Routledge joined as Partner and Harry Gledhill as Assistant Planner in 2021, closely followed by Jon Power and Paul Nellist (Associate Partners) and Alice Henderson (Senior Planner) in early 2022.
As a team, we have extensive experience of mentoring and developing junior members of staff and assisting new planners through the RTPI APC process. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated young planner to join our growing business and offer support across all of our key service lines: Urban and Commercial Planning; Strategic Planning and Residential Planning.
Asteer Planning advises landowners, developers, house builders, land promoters, end users and financial institutions on a range of significant and complex projects across all sectors including; residential, commercial, retail and leisure, mixed-use and care. The chosen candidate would have the opportunity to work on some of the highest profile and complex planning projects in the North West. We also offer a sociable working environment with regular team and wider social events, as well as community and charity work.
This is a unique opportunity to join an independent planning consultancy with a team of ambitious and driven individuals with the skills and aspirations to mentor and develop junior planners. The role will include the following:
- Learning how to gather information and research including planning policy documents and maps, planning application searches, planning appeal and caselaw database searches and environmental maps.
- Developing writing skills including Supporting Planning Statements, representations to Local Plan consultations and Planning Appraisals.
- Learning project management skills including managing technical consultant teams, preparing project management trackers, time management and financial management and invoicing.
- Developing communications skills with other planning professionals, clients, Local Planning Authorities and technical consultants via telephone, emails and meetings.
- Gaining experience in community consultation including stakeholder mapping, organising public exhibitions and meetings with key stakeholders, preparing consultation material, attending consultation events, analysing feedback and preparing Statement of Community Involvement reports.
- Supporting senior members of staff with Planning Appeals including drafting Appeal Statements and Documents, attendance of Appeal Hearings / Inquiry’s and correlating submissions to the Planning Inspectorate.
- Developing business skills and client care including attending networking events and functions and building relationships with other property professionals.
If the above interests you, please send your CV and covering letter or any requests for further information to Alice Henderson, Senior Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org