OPPORTUNITY FOR A PLANNER/SENIOR PLANNER TO JOIN OUR TEAM
Asteer Planning is an exciting, innovative and growing independent planning consultancy based in Manchester City Centre and we’re looking for a Planner / Senior Planner who has ambitions to be part of our high quality team. You’ll need to be a hardworking and motivated Planner or Senior Planner with between 1.5 – 5 years’ experience in planning practice who is either newly MRTPI qualified or is close to achieving the accreditation. With a solid understanding of the planning process, including national and local planning policy, technical disciplines and ideally exposure and knowledge of EIA. You’ll also be commercially savvy, excellent at time management and have a desire to grow their network and contribute towards business development.
Suitable candidates would be Planners or Senior Planners with at least 1.5 years’ experience in planning practice with a good knowledge and understanding of the planning process.
- Candidates must have a fully RTPI accredited degree and have achieved MRTPI qualification or be well progressed in working towards this. For those candidates working towards their RTPI APC submission, mentoring is provided to candidates.
- High profile projects across all sectors with the opportunity to manage smaller major projects independently and to also assist senior colleagues on significant major and complex projects.
- Competitive salary, holiday allowance and other employee benefits including discretionary bonus payments, car allowance and private medical insurance.
- Manchester City Centre office close to Manchester Victoria Station and Shudehill and Exchange Square Tram Stops
About Asteer Planning:
Asteer Planning was founded in April 2021 by Jon Suckley and has since grown to a team of 8 skilled planning professionals. Alice Routledge became Partner in November 2021 and since then then the team has grown to include Jon Power and Paul Nellist (Associate Partners); Alice Henderson (Senior Planner); Georgina Blackburn (Planner); Harry Gledhill (Assistant Planner) and Tyler Rylance will be joining as Assistant Planner in September.
Some of the perks to joining our team:
· Our team is the heart of our business and we recently committed to pay a one off cost of living bonus to our people. We will continually review the challenges that our team face and provide support where we can.
- We know that juggling work and personal commitments can make it difficult for our team so we offer flexible working options that suits the needs of individuals while also meeting client requirements.
- As a team we’ll always make the time for networking opportunities and with an active social calendar which includes team away days, client events, race days and charity events.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Planner or Senior Planner to join our growing business and work across all of our key service lines: Urban and Commercial Planning; Strategic Planning and Residential Planning.
Asteer Planning advises landowners, developers, house builders, land promoters, end users and financial institutions on a range of significant and complex projects across all sectors including; residential, commercial, retail and leisure, mixed-use and care. The chosen candidate would have the opportunity to work on some of the highest profile and complex planning projects in the North West. Since the business was founded in April 2021, we have advised on more than 12,000 residential units and 3.5 million sq ft of commercial floorspace.
Our business has a true team mentality, and we are looking for someone who will excel and enhance the culture we have created. We ensure that we have regular social events with the team and with clients, as well as community and charity work.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing independent planning consultancy with a team of ambitious and driven individuals. The role will include the following:
- Managing the preparation and submission of a variety of planning applications.
- Supporting more senior colleagues with major, complex projects including research, drafting letters and statements and assisting with project management.
- Managing small and medium projects independently including managing multidisciplinary technical consultant teams, preparing and maintaining project management trackers, time management and financial management and invoicing.
- Writing Supporting Planning Statements, representations to Local Plan consultations and Planning Appraisals with support from junior staff.
- Mentoring and managing junior members of staff.
- Liaising confidently and professionally with planning officers, technical consultants and clients directly via both written and verbal means including providing advice and guidance to clients.
- Preparing and submitting Planning Appeals alongside senior members of staff including drafting Appeal Statements and Documents, attendance of Appeal Hearings / Inquiry’s and
correlating submissions to the Planning Inspectorate.
- Coordinating, managing and attending public consultation events and stakeholder engagement.
- Developing business skills and client care including attending networking events and functions and building relationships with other property professionals.
If the above interests you, please send your CV and covering letter or any requests for further information to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact Jon Suckley or Alice Routledge via the details below.
Jon Suckley (Managing Partner): 07958 565409
Alice Routledge (Partner): 07724 240441